The film offers a better understanding of the reasons behind the crisis, and to address towards sensible choices for the future.
40 years ago the book "The Limits to Growth", based on a report by a team of visionary scientists from the MIT, shook the world... it warned that economic growth at full pace will bring our society and environment to the edge of collapse.
LAST CALL, the film, tells the story through the book's mentors and authors - all of them very different personalities, but united in their concern for future generations.
The forces who fought their warning were powerful. For four decades, economic and political short-termism has delayed action despite their analysis that anticipated the global crisis we are now experiencing....
Supported by extraordinary archive material, the authors provide provocative insights and share their visions of our common future.
AVAILABLE FOR SCREENING: versions of 54' and, in 2nd position, of 90'in English.
Festivals and Awards:
* 2015: Green Image Award at the "Green Image Film Festival" Tokyo (March 2015)
* 2014: Best presentation of Science or Technology in relation to an Environmental Issue at The European Science TV & New Media Awards, November 2014
* 2014: 1st Prize Grande Prèmio Ambiente at CineEco Film Festival, Seia, Portugal (October)
* 2014: 2nd runner-up in the Continuing Education Category at Japan Prize (October)
* 2014, Award of the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Management at Life Sciences Film Festival, Prague (October)
* 2014: Mencion de Honor at Festival de Cine Verde de Barichara, Colombia (Sept.)
* 2014: Parco Colli Euganei Award at Euganea Film Festival, Italy (June)
* 2014: "Audience Award": Festival Cinema Planeta, Cuernavaca, Mexico
* 2014: Official Selection Sheffield Doc/Fest
* 2014: Nominated for the IMPACT AWARD for "Use of Historical Archives".
* 2013: The House of Tomorrow Award at Cinemambiente, Turin, Italy (June 2013)