click on each title-link to access full info
* The Taming of the Queue (52') - new film by Josh Freed, just completed.
* Italy, History Seen From Above (5 x 26') - eps. 1 "Roman Civil Engineering" of new history series (Cineflex shooting). Accompanies the new 90' film "A DAY IN ITALY" (coming soon).
* No Way Out (Permis de rien) (52') - daily life resembles an obstacle course in Iran... by Iranian filmmaker Négar Zoka.
* Vanishing Homeland in the Bayou (52') - Indian tribe on a sinking island in Louisiana (USA) becomes America's first official climate refugees...
* Aquarius, Rescue in Deadly Waters (52') - Award-winning documentary on humanitarian rescue mission of migrants in the Mediterranean.
* Ruch and Norie (52') - Young Japanese student Norie comes to study in Latvia and finds a wonderful friend...Touching story by Latvian filmmaler Inara Kolmane
* The Fruitless Tree (52') - award-winning personal story by filmmaker Aicha Macky from Niger.
!! - Project at "HISTORY PITCH": Tuesday 20/06 11h:
* Double Life, A Short History of Sex in the USSR (52') - by Inara Kolmane ("Ruch and Norie"). Trailer online!
!! Further projects:
click on each title-link to access trailer & info:
* Vavilov vs. Lyssenko: Feeding the People (52') - new film by Gulya Mirzoeva ("Afghanistan 1979.The War That Changed the World").
* The Roads to Ceramics: A Brief History of Civilisation (52' & 90') - new documentary project by Shohei Shibata ("Japan: Man and Nature in Harmony - Dashi & Shoyu").
* The Memory Illusion (52') - new doc project by Josh Freed for "The Nature of Things ("Deluged by Data").
"Aquarius, Rescue in Deadly Waters" at the festivals:
* 2017: Press Prize of the ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) at the Monte Carlo Television Festival.
* 2017: Nominated for the Franco-German Prize of Journalism category video. The winners will be announced during the awards ceremony on July 4, 2017.
* 2017: * 2017: Prix FReDD 2017 of the best feature doc long-métrage (ex-aequo) at 7th Festival FReDD (research / sustainable development) « Seas and Oceans » (31March - 9 April, Toulouse, France)
* 2017 FIGRA: Official selection in the "Intl competition of +40' docs", 22-26 March (Touquet-Paris-Plage, France)
* 2016: Grand Prix and Young Jurors's Prize at "FIDOM - Intl Festival of Mediterranean documentaries", 20-23 Oct. 2016, Banyuls (France).
* * * AWARDS for "The Fruitless Tree":
* Prix du Public & Prix Jury Jeune, 16th «Cinémas d'Afrique» festival (16 - 21 May 2017, Angers, France)
* Jury Prize & Audience Award at the "Concours 1er Doc Chroma" (2 - 4 Dec.16), Le Mans (France)
* "Best African Documentary " - Mashariki African Film Festival "My story, My passion, My Journey" (2017, Kigali-Rwanda)
* Premier Prix, documentary, Festival arabo-africain Zagora (8-12 nov. 2016, Maroc)
* "FIRST FILM Prize" and "FLEURY DOC.Prize" at the 35th International Jean Rouch Festival ( ethnographic films), 4 Nov. -6 Dec., Musée de l'Homme, Paris.
* Best Documentary "Medium length Doc category" at the First "Golden Tree Intl. Documentary Film Festival", 16-18 Oct., Francfort (Germany)
* "Best Documentary", Festival international du film de femme de Salé (Women's film festival), Morocco (23 Sept.- 3 Oct.)
* "Best Documentary" at the FESTICAB (Cinema & audiovisual Festival) Burundi, 17- 24 June 2016
* "Best Documentary" awarded at the ring the 12th "African Movie Academy Awards" (AMAA) on 11 June 2016 at Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
* * * SELECTIONS for "The Fruitless Tree":
* 2017: Nominated to represent Niger at "Les Trophées Francophones du Cinéma" (award ceremony early Dec. 2017)
* 2017selected for its North American première at Hot Docs Festival, Toronto, in the “World Showcase” programme. (April 27 - May 7)
* 2017: official competition, 32nd "Dok Fest München", 3 to 14 May (Germany)
* 2017: official selection: 25th edition of FESPACO, the panafrican Cinema & TV Festival of Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso), 25 Feb to 04 March
* 2016: selected at the 8th Edition of the Intl Documentary Festivalof Khouribga, Morocco (19 - 22 décembre 2016).
11th SOLE LUNA Festival, Treviso: A bridge between Cultures...(1- 18 Sept. 2016): "Accademia della Follia: Madness is an Actor's Condition" has received two awards: the "AUDIENCE AWARD" and the "SPECIAL JURY PRIZE"!
First GOLDEN TREE INTL DOCUMENTARY FILM FESTIVAL, 16-19 Oct. 2016 (Francfort, Germany):
MONSOON, a film by Sturla Gunnarsson, selected in the category "Long documentaries.
The Taming of the Queue .
** JUST COMPLETED
Vanishing Homeland in the Bayou (52'). An entire population group of "eco-refugees" will have to leave their sinking island, due to the rising water levels.
"Les Glénans, School of the Sea, School of Life" (52'/ working title) new film by Clarisse Feletin on this unique French sailing school that was founded almost 70 years ago.
** CURRENTLY IN POST-PRODUCTION: The Intl. Monsanto Tribunal
Roundup Facing the Judges (90'). New investigative film by Marie-Monique Robin following the victims who testified at the Monsanto trial at The Hague in Oct. 2016. Delivery for May 2017.
** CURRENTLY EDITING
A Day in Italy (90' & 2 x 50'). Next instalment in the collection "A Day in Europe". Delivery planned for May 2017.
** CURRENTLY EDITING
A Day in the United Kingdom (90' & 2 x 50'). Also part of the collection "A Day in Europe". Delivery May 2017